This week, something awesome happened: I became a designer on Creative Whim, which is owned by Ashley from Nose Graze! I created a watercolor theme called At A Distance, but users of the design have the freedom to choose if they want to stick to that theme or not. So it’s definitely a very exciting time for me, and I’m hoping to be able to pump out more designs soon!
What’s gone on this week, Captain?
- I reviewed The Iron Traitor by Julie Kagawa
- I listed down the top ten character names I fell in love with
- Ever wondered which YA heroine you’d be? Take the quiz!
- I mini-reviewed Backward Glass and Scorched
- I received a letter from my future self!
- Kim @ YA Asylum gives us a list of horror books that will be suitable for kids
- Kim also talks about the theme of “home” as part of the Finnikin of the Rock event
- Kelley @ Another Novel Read went to Ireland and wrote a recap post about it!
- Kelley also discusses signed books
- Arial @ In Italics has a very appalling confession (ha, no, I’m kidding. It’s not appalling at all)
- Charlotte @ Gypsy Reviews says she has a big love for the Lumatere Chronicles
- Stormy @ Book.Blog.Bake shares some tips on how to get blogging stuff done
- Shelly @ Readiculous Reads has reasons on why she won’t comment on your blog
- Sophia @ Loving Lit starts a countdown for Halloween and lists down some Halloween movies to watch
- For Day 2 – 3, she creates outfits for Halloween
- Asti @ A Bookish Heart creates an index for discussion posts — go get inspired!
- Lesley @ Books and Beautiful World writes a letter to all the neglected books on her shelf
- Hazel @ Stay Bookish wants to know if positive reviewers are reliable
- Reem @ I Read and Tell shares some tips on how to stop procrastinating for NaNoWriMo
- Reem also names some characters you shouldn’t dress up as for Halloween!
- Charlotte @ Thoughts and Pens is now the new host for Let’s Discuss! Go read about some changes to the feature here
- Kristen & Melissa @ Book Nerd Reviews discuss spoilers
- They also pitch Bloglovin’ against Feedly
- Kayla @ The Thousand Lives lists down the pros and cons of coming late to a series
- Melanie @ YA Midnight Reads talks about the kinds of blogs she follows
What about you?
How was your week?
Also, as the deadline to help the insurgent infiltrate the U.S.S. Quirinus is drawing near, I just wanted to know if anyone else would want to submit a guest post while I’m away! This is just a friendly reminder to no one in particular, and I also want to thank all those who did submit in something — it’s much appreciated. ❤