I’m using my own banner so it fits in with my theme. For the actual one, I’ve attached it below!
I was actually nominated about a month ago by two very lovely people: Kayla from The Thousand Lives and Charlotte from Booklahoma, but I couldn’t find a slot in my schedule to stick this post in anywhere, so here it is. A month late. And during that waiting time, I got nominated again by the wonderful Lesley from Books and Beautiful World! Aw, you guys. Thank you. ❤
Because I can’t possibly answer all the questions, I’ll just select three from both Kayla and Lesley, since they have the same questions, and the remaining four from Charlotte.
1. You must choose three things to take to a deserted island: what would you take?
I hate these kinds of questions, because I know I’m an incredibly indecisive person. Fine! Um, I’d bring a laptop that never runs out of battery, my entire set of HP books, and wifi.
Obviously I don’t really have good priorities. I can use the shrubbery around to cover myself up if it gets cold.
2. What is your favorite song?
All the songs in my iTunes library are well loved and my favorites, so I DON’T HAVE ONE. But if I really had to choose, I guess I’d pick Tennis Court by Lorde. She’s getting really popular now with her song Royals, but personally, I prefer Tennis Court better. Though, hell, both are amazing. And she’s my age — sixteen! I feel so unaccomplished, haha.
3. Who is your best friend? What is he/she like?
I’m actually have two best friends, and to keep their identities safe — they’re so awesome everyone in the world would want to be their friend — I won’t reveal their names. One of them’s always there whenever I need someone to fangirl with over hot actors, and I can always trust her to brighten up my day if it gets gloomy. She’s full of laughter and always bubbly (unless she’s sleepy), and we kind of have a strange mental connection. Like, we’d say the same things at the same time in response to someone and then everyone would stare at us weirdly. The other one just gets me. He gives so much to people and receives a lot of love in return. He’s just… an amazing person, fun to have around, and one you can trust to unawkwardify any awkward situation. (That should totally be made into a word.) He’s also always there whenever I need a shoulder to lean on, or an ear to cry into.
These aren’t very accurate descriptions of them both, but it’s the best way I can write of them. ❤
4. Why did you start blogging?
My very cliche, very boring answer would be: to share my love and passion for books. That’s still true even today, but blogging has evolved into something more for me. It’s become a kind of haven — a place that’s sure to make me happy, a place I hope I will never tire of. And I’ve also discovered a whole new world here, where people are awesome, amazing, and best of all, they get me. They’re willing to listen to me bitch or rave about something in a poorly-written review. And they’re willing to stick out through insanely long discussion posts.
This place I’m talking about is Goodreads. LOL! Did I trick you? I didn’t?! Aw. 😦 But no, this world I speak about is the online book community. You guys. Seriously. No words will be able to describe how amazing you guys are.
5. When is your birthday?
September 3, 1997!
6. If you could live in the setting of one novel, which one would you choose?
HOGWARTS. That is all.
7. What’s your favorite book of 2013 so far?
HMM. This is tough, but I think I’ll go with Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. Hard to believe that I only read this at the beginning of the year — it feels like a lifetime ago! But anyway, if you haven’t yet read it, I suggest you do. Now!
8. If you could shapeshift into any animal, what would you be?
A raven. They’re intelligent creatures, beautiful, and can flyyyyyy.
9. If you were in a book or film, do you think you’d be the bad guy or the good guy?
Honestly, I think I’d be the innocent bystander who either gets killed in all the action, or gets saved by the superhero. I don’t know. I think I’d pick the baddie, because I’m curious to see what it would be like to be evil. Also, if I was the baddie, the good guy would’ve died ages ago, and everyone would be under my rule. MWAHAHAHAHA.
10. Would you rather live in the country or city?
City. As much as the country sounds good and clean and fresh, I’d prefer to live in a high-tech place with monorails and Hyperloops and tall skyscrapers with glass, metal, gray cement everywhere. And also be close to wifi, of course. Also, the countryside has more wildlife, and wildlife = insects, and me + insects… we don’t really mix well. (Okay, fine, I’m super scared of them, okay?)
Over to you!
Hope you enjoyed my post today! Do you agree with any of my answers? No? Well, agree to disagree. And it’s time for the bloggers I want to nominate. Here they are:
- Shelly @ Shelly’s Rambles: if you don’t know who she is, go check out her blog right now! She’s a bubbly, absolutely sweet person, and totally crazy to email with.
- Charlotte @ Thoughts and Pens: she comes up with the most thought-provoking discussion posts ever. Like, she’d write on a topic I would’ve never, for the life of me, considered until I read her post. And not forgetting her ultra long, ultra thoughtful comments! So yes, if that isn’t enough, then there’s seriously something wrong with your brain.
- Charlotte @ Gypsy Reviews: This girl. She has mad designing skills, cool discussion topics as well (sounds like all Charlottes have an eye for awesome discussion posts, huh?), and is such a fun person to chat with. Plus, she loves Hans Zimmer! That’s all that matters. Mwahaha, no. But if you haven’t visited her blog before, please do!
- Ariel @ In Italics: I only stumbled across her blog last month, but much like Charlotte, she comes up with some pretty cool discussions, called Bold Discussions — which totally fits in with her blog name!