Nothing much really happened this week, except that I’ve been incredibly slow at replying to comments again — I’m sorry! I’m trying to find a balance between my schoolwork and blogging, and it’s just been hectic. Then again, I’m not a very organized person — and the procrastination bit plays a big role in this, too — so that’s probably why I have such a hard time getting into rhythm.
What’s gone on this week, Captain?
- I reviewed Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller
- Mindy McGinnis is September’s Reap! Read my interview with her + a giveaway
- I reviewed Relativity by Cristin Bishara
- This week’s Blogger Panel talks about whether character names bias us
- I reviewed Marie Antoinette, Serial Killer by Katie Alender
- Epic Reads lists down 12 signs you’re a banned book reader
- Charl stops by A Bookish Heart and asks if we find solace in YA books
- Pat stops by A Bookish Heart and shares some ideas for bookish weddings
- Amy stops by A Bookish Heart and explains adults reading YA
- Christina stops by A Bookish Heart and discusses family stereotypes in YA lit
- Tuesday was Kelley @ Another Novel Read‘s birthday! Stop by, wish her a belated birthday, and enter to win some books
- Kelly also shares how some book covers look like from the eyes of a synesthete
- Kelly also teaches us how to use custom shortcodes in WordPress
- Chrys @ Oh, Chrys explains why she still continues reading books she is not enjoying
- Nicole @ Feed Your Reading Addiction annotates some of her spam comments — it’s hilarious!
- Charlotte @ Thoughts and Pens asks if author backgrounds bother us
- Lesley @ Books and Beautiful World admits that she’s afraid of star ratings
- Kayla @ The Thousand Lives talks about our thoughts on book titles, rather than book covers
- Charlotte @ Gypsy Reviews wants to know why don’t many people like contemporary
- Cee @ The Novel Hermit shares some books that were banned in the past — there’re some well-known books here, with totally atrocious reasons! (For BANNED BOOKS WEEK)
What about you?
Because of my life crisis right now, I need some thoughts on how to cope with these two very big parts of my life: blogging and studying. I’m sitting for my IGCSE next May — and that may seem far away, but I’m already nervous! So how do you do it? How do you balance out blogging and real life? Any tips?