I decided to do something different today, and because I simply LOVE bookish quizzes, here’s my hand at one!
Here’s how it goes.
I’m going to list down ten quotes every self-proclaimed bookworm should know (nah, I’m just saying that. No worries if you can’t guess some of them, because even though I’m a self-proclaimed bookworm I know there’re many well-known books out there that I haven’t read either!). What you’re supposed to do is guess which book the quote comes from. Type up your answers in the comments, press publish, and then check and see if you got them correct! I hope none of you will cheat, because where’s the fun in that?
Without further ado, let us begin!
1. “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”
ANSWER: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
2. “I’m twelve years old. Until a few months ago, I was a boarding student at Yancy Academy, a private school for troubled kids in upstate New York.
Am I a troubled kid?
Yeah. You could say that.”
ANSWER: Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief
3. “You don’t forget the face of the person who was your last hope.”
ANSWER: The Hunger Games
4. “The world is not a wish-granting factory.”
ANSWER: The Fault in Our Stars
5. “Everything in this room is edible. Even I’m edible. But, that would be called cannibalism. It is looked down upon in most societies.”
ANSWER: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
6. “Not all those who wander are lost.”
ANSWER: The Fellowship of the Ring
7. “They are orphans again, with no true home but each other and whatever life they can make together on the other side of the sea.”
ANSWER: Shadow and Bone
8. “Becoming fearless isn’t the point. That’s impossible. It’s learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.”
9. “You are a monster. You will always be a monster—there is no turning back from it. But what type of monster you become is entirely up to you.”
ANSWER: The Immortal Rules
10. “I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It’s when you know you’re licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.
ANSWER: To Kill a Mockingbird
Over to you!
Too easy? Too hard? Moderate? Okay, I’m a little new at this quiz thing, so I apologize if this seems a little unfair. However, I did choose quotes from only well-known books. Anyway, what you about you? Are there any quotes you think every booklover should know? Feel free to share them below!
This post was submitted to the Let’s Discuss feature hosted by Oh, Chrys! and The Fiction Conniption