Thanks to Nara at Looking for the Panacea for tagging me! Now it’s my turn to share my seven deadly sins of reading.
What is your most expensive book? Your least expensive?
HMM. This is hard! I don’t admit to be a huge book hoarder, because I am trying to save up for a laptop, so I guess I haven’t really spent a lot of money on a single book, but I think it was Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, at $35. Bought that one a long time ago. My least expensive was Hunger by Michael Grant, at $2.
Which author do you have a love-hate relationship with?
Lauren Oliver. After having loved the first two books of her Delirium trilogy, Requiem failed me! I mean, I didn’t hate it. It was just kind of disappointing, in a way, because I expected so much more, but all I got was… a crappy ending. Eh.
What book have you deliciously devoured over and over with no shame whatsoever?
HARRY POTTER! I’ll never get tired of it!
What book have you neglected to read due to laziness?
I wish I could say that I never neglected reading a book I owned, but I’d be lying. Well… I’ve been putting off reading The Two Towers, which is the second book in the LotR series, and I just can’t get pass it! Too many descriptions, songs everywhere, not enough bloody action. Gah. I can’t bring myself to go through that torture. I promise I’ll finish the entire series before I die, though. Really.
What book do you most talk about in order to sound like a very intellectual reader?
The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde, or The Hobbit. The first one is a classic which I wouldn’t have read at all if not for school, so I’m very proud that I’ve read a classic play, because those aren’t really my genres. The Hobbit is because I hang out with these group of friends very often, and ALL of them are LotR fans, so whenever I want to sound clever or like I know what they’re talking about (most of the time I don’t), I say things from The Hobbit.
What attributes do you find most attractive in male or female characters?
Ooh! I’m going to have a ton of fun with this one. 😉 Okay, so I really like it when the guy has curly brown hair. I mean, it would be so nice to run your hand through, no?! Also, if he wears glasses, or is a nerd, that’s another plus for me. And this is super important: he isn’t a bad boy! I never really got what was so attractive about bad boys, because I’d much rather stick with the nice nerdy boys who make me feel tingly all over.
Some examples of swoony love interest: The Darkling (Shadow and Bone), Ryan Stone (Dare You To), Jack (Everneath), Trevor (Pivot Point), and TONS more.
What books would you most like to receive as a gift?
If I listed down every single book I wanted, this post would never end. So I’ll just list down only
seven hundred five, okay? You guys can help make part of my wishlist come true; I’ll email you my address. 😉
• A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin – I’ve heard nothing but good stuff about his books and the TV series, so now I’m intrigued! Plus, I’ve always loved epic fantasy, so I have a feeling I’ll really enjoy this one.
• The Book Thief by Markus Zuzak – Again, all my friends have been raving about this one, and after reading Rose Under Fire, I feel much more inclined to read it. And the movie’s coming out soon!
• The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenburg – Chri recommended this to me ages ago, and I still need to check it out. It sounds pretty promising for a contemporary, though!
• Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff – I’ve already read this, but it was SO GOOD I think I need my own copy. In hardback. With the US cover. Pretty please? *best puppy dog face*
• The Exorcist by William Blathy – HORROR! I’m still searching for the book that will make me absolutely terrified. I have a feeling The Exorcist will scare the living daylights out of me.
Tag, You’re It!
For this tag, I’m nominating Leanne from Literary Excursion, Kelley from Another Novel Read, and Reem from I Read and Tell! I hope I haven’t picked anyone who’ve done this before. If I have, then ignore me, hah.
And to make things easier, I’m just going to nominate anyone reading this post, so you can join in on the fun I had!